Freshly baked Candy for AppFuse 0.3.0
Last, but not least, I’ve just noticed that AppFuse 2.0-M5 is getting ready for a release.
And it is in this environment where I announce Candy for AppFuse 0.3.0 (use the update site).
Interesting improvements are:
- Patched m2eclipse including patched maven-embedder. This will be good for you even if you don’t use Candy at all.
- Download progress reporting when creating a project. This should avoid the “eclipse is frozen” feeling when creating the first AppFuse project.
- Update available AppFuse versions and archetypes from the repositories. A new button is provided on the wizard for scanning Appfuse’s and Maven’s repositories.
- For the technically inclined, now AppFuse projects in eclipse have the AppFuse nature. At present, it is only a marker that other plugins can look for (and then do some magic).
Future work includes…
- Selecting the default database profile on project creation, and allow to update it later.
- Wizards around the AppFuse maven plug-in which will be included in M5.
- Shortcuts for the typical commands used (need to figure them out first, though).
- Integrate with SpringIDE
I’m eagerly awaiting bug reports and feature requests.